After a short blogging detox, I’m back! 🙂 Lately, I’ve been focusing on useful content, posts that are more than just pretty photos. On things you might find useful and would help you one way or another.
I’ll start short and sweet, with 5 stretching tips. Whether you want to improve your splits or you are just looking for a way to feel more flexible, there are some general things you should pay attention to.
- Don’t expect instant results. You won’t become super flexible after doing some yoga bridges and pigeon stretches. But you’ll see some results soon, so make sure you adapt the exercises to your abilities. And take some photos! Sometimes I don’t feel like I’m making progress but when I look at the photos I’m surprised by the difference!
- You don’t have to stretch every day. I usually do one (or sometimes two) flexibility training each week (along with pole classes and strength trainings, which all include some stretching) and I’m more flexible every week. In the beginning, I find it better to have more short stretching sessions and later make them longer.
- Stretch both sides of your body and always stretch in the opposite direction, too. It doesn’t matter if your right split feels more comfortable than the left one, spent the same amount of time and effort on both.
- Wear something comfortable. You won’t only stretch easier, but you’ll also feel better.
- Always warm up before a flexibility training and stretch after every training. I think I don’t need to explain this one. 🙂 And always focus on the form to prevent injuries – don’t push yourself over your limits!