I’m a bit late with this post (blush :D), but the last month has been crazy busy. So better late than never. I’ve gather 10 tips for everyone, travelling to Amsterdam and I hope that you’ll find them useful. And I also want to share some photos 😀 I mean, Amsterdam is just beautiful in every season!
- Go on a boat cruise! I’m the last person who would recommend you a cliche tourist activity, but boat cruises around Amsterdam are a different thing. You can see the town from a whole new perspective and get an overview of everything you want to visit.
- Check out different museum cards. We decided for the Holland Pass, but I recommend you to check out all of them. This one was perfect for us, because you choose museums and activities from a list, so you can see the ones that interest you the most for free.
- Visit Pluk. That’s all I have to say 😀
- If you are travelling on a budget, and you have a kitchen in your hostel or apartment, cook. You’ll save so much money, because it’s really expensive to eat outside, but the stores are quite cheap.
- Take one day to visit another town. Don’t get me wrong, Amsterdam is beautiful, but it’s also nice to travel around The Netherlands, and since they have a great public transport system, you can travel anywhere fast and for a good price. The trip to The Hague took less than an hour and we paid 10 € for one return ticket.
- And one more about The Hague – you have to visit the beautiful beach!:)
- If you love science and experiments, visit Nemo. I was there for the whole afternoon 😀
- Instead of taking photos at the IAmsterdam sign behind the Rijksmuseum, try to find another one, less crowded.
- Waffles are always a good idea. 🙂
- Take your time to enjoy the town without running around the sights. Look at the beautiful houses, admire the canals, visit the flower market…